Sunday, October 31, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

First, I want to thank everyone who came to my Mary Kay and Starry Night Creations open house yesterday. It was a great time and I enjoyed talking with all of you. If you missed it, please contact me to set up a private time to look at my inventory and get some holiday presents off your list. I have great gift ideas for mother's, father's, teenagers, teachers, etc. in a variety of price points. Don't hesitate, just ask.

So, after the open house and a shopping trip to MOA (Erin's early birthday present) we carved our pumpkins. Last year, we completely forgot until we were out trick or treating and admiring everyone else's carved pumpkins. But Erin wouldn't let us forget again this year.

But, who said carving pumpkins was a family activity? So last night we carved 2 pumpkins.


OK, we might be a strong word. Erin drew the face and John did the rest.

Here's John's, I mean Erin's pumpkin.

I can't say Ryan did much better. He did pick a pattern off the Internet. Not exactly the pattern I would've picked. I was going for the cat on a fence or something Halloweenish like that. But nope, not Ryan, who then proceeded to play with his Robin Trio building set and had nothing to do with the carving of his pumpkin. I have to admit, normally my, I mean Ryan's pumpkins turn out like John's, I mean Erin's. But I was up until midnight finishing it and am pretty proud of my, I mean Ryan's pumpkin.



In case you don't have kids or watch cartoons, or in case the three hours of carving makes me think it turned out better then it actually did - it's Patrick from the cartoon Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Happy Halloween and have fun and be safe trick or treating.

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment