Sunday, October 31, 2010

Albino Squirrel

We've had an white squirrel running around our backyard for about a month, but we have not been able to get a good picture of it. Finally, on Friday, after Ryan's school party and before the window guy came to measure our windows and while I should have been getting ready for Erin's school party (Friday was rather hectic, by the way), I saw the squirrel in our backyard. Grabbed the camera and quietly went outside. I found it in the tree, but as soon as I would see it, it would scoot around to the other side. I'd slowly creep around to the other side, keeping my distance, and it would scoot around again. This hide and seek game went on for about 5 minutes until the squirrel was completely terrified (or dizzy) and was frozen in place in the middle of the tree trunk. Bam! I finally got a couple good shots, left the squirrel in peace and quiet and went back inside. I did look out the window a couple times and after about 10 minutes of being plastered to the same spot on the tree, the squirrel got out of the tree and went on with it's day. Haven't seen it since, but I got my picture!

Note: no animal was harmed during the taking of this photo - maybe scared and made dizzy, but not harmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment